Douglas Lake Tn Public Beach
Here s where you ll find the beaches.
Douglas lake tn public beach. Douglas lake douglas reservoir has over 550 miles of shoreline with a surface area greater than 30 000 acres at full pool. Created by the tennessee valley authority tva in 1943 for the generation of hydroelectric power and for flood control the lake has a surface area of more than 30 000 acres when it is at full level. It was not easy to find at first even with our gps. 4 kentucky lake northern tennessee.
Douglas lake provides fishermen with hefty catches of sauger feb march white bass feb march and april in the headwaters largemouth april may and crappie march may in the river from hwy 25 bridge going upstream. Fed by the french broad river four counties border the reservoir. You don t need a boat or a lake house to enjoy a dip at one of these public swim beaches created expressly for the enjoyment of the people of the valley. 3 old hickory lake sumner davidson counties.
There you can unfold a blanket on the shore set out a picnic and wade right in from may to october the water is fine. As the largest body of water in tennessee this is a neat spot for you to hang out with the family and cool off this summer. We decided to check out this public swimming beach while in the area this summer. These high quality maps are printed on a waterproof bouyant and tear resistant material.
Douglas dam headwater campground has a sand beach for swimming. Gator point has a natural shoreline for taking a swim or wade around in the lake. Jodi thornton o connell leaf group updated march 21 2018 when the heat and humidity of a knoxville summer tells your body that it s time to cool off douglas lake s cool waters lie only 30. We drove over passed douglas dam and the dam store turning down boat launch rd in search of this swimming beach.
On douglas lake the typical annual fluctuation of the water level is about 54 feet. Each has a lat long grid and gps coordinates also showing lake facilities including depths marinas boat ramps campgrounds river miles river channels and fish attractors. It is basically located. Douglas lake was formed when the tennessee valley authority built the douglas dam in 1943 to provide hydroelectric power and help with downstream flood control of the tennessee river valley.
Douglas lake has been named a bassmaster top 100 lake and is considered one of the best lakes for bass fishing in the country. More than 1 7 million people make their way to douglas lake each year.
- Lake Erie College Pa Program Class Profile
- Lake Erie College Nursing
- Lake Erie College Logo
- Lake Erie College Bradenton
- Lake Erie College Covid 19
- Lake Erie Cabins For Sale
- Lake Erie College Of Osteopathic Medicine Bradenton Campus Requirements
- Lake Erie College Football Stadium
- Lake Erie College Equine Studies
- Lake Erie College Mba Tuition
- Lake Erie College Conference
- Lake Erie College Admissions Staff
- Lake Erie College Campus Map
- Lake Erie College Colors
- Lake Erie College Pa Program Average Gpa
- Lake Erie College Of Osteopathic Medicine Campus
- Lake Erie College Basketball Camp
- Lake Erie College Equestrian Center
- Lake Erie College Directions
- Lake Erie College Painesville Ohio