Lake Alma Wellston Ohio History
And the park has a unique history of being an early 1900 s amusement park.
Lake alma wellston ohio history. Welcome to the temporary website of the ohio department of natural resources. Lake alma state park wellston. Although little remains of the former recreational area lake alma state park is now 292 acres of quiet lake and wooded areas. In the midst of some of ohio s most rugged scenic territory lies 292 acre lake alma state park.
Built in 1903 by the late c k. Vinton county is the least populated and most heavily forested county in the state. The park then boasted a large dance pavilion outdoor theater a merry go round and several other rides. The 60 acre lake offers visitors boating fishing a playground and beach area.
A wilder country than this in early days would be hard to imagine. Davis a wealthy coal operator lake alma was originally constructed as an amusement park. A quiet 60 acre lake and a gentle creek meandering through a wooded valley provide a restful setting for park visitors. Lake alma state park was originally constructed as a private amusement park in 1903.
There are also areas for camping as well as hiking trails and a paved bike path. All of which was there before the lake.
- Logan Lake Grocery Store
- Lakeshore Learning Visual Timer
- Logan Lake Bc Real Estate Listings
- Lily Pad Floating Mats For Lake
- Lakeshore Learning Listening Center
- Lakeshore Learning Rhyming Quilt
- Lakeshore Learning Vendor Number
- Logan Lake Community Yard Sale 2019
- Lakeshore Learning Vet Set
- Lakeshore Learning Drill Kit
- Lakeshore Learning Doctor Kit
- Lakeshore Learning Outlet Store
- Lakeshore Learning Writing Prompts June
- Lakeshore Learning Outdoor Toys
- Lakeshore Learning Aircraft Carrier Playset
- Logan Lake Golf Course
- Location Lake District National Park Map
- Lakeshore Learning Aircraft Carrier
- Lakeshore Learning Teachers Club
- Lakeshore Learning Ventura Ca